About Tenant Liability Insurance
To be eligible for our cover all we ask is that:
- The tenant has a tenancy agreement in place for the property they're renting
- The property the tenant is renting is their main residence and within the United Kingdom
- Who is the insurer of your Tenants Liability cover?
- Property Guard provide our Tenants Liability cover. In the event of a claim they should be contacted on 0345 604 9791.
- Who do I contact if I want to make a change to the policy?
- This policy is administered by Paymentshield who can be contacted on the following details: 0345 601 1050, firstname.lastname@example.org or Paymentshield Limited, PO Box 229, Southport, PR9 9WU.
- How will the insurer settle a claim?
- In the event of a claim the insurer will choose to either replace the damaged landlord's property as new, pay for the cost of replacing the damaged item as new or pay the cost of repairing the item.
- What is the excess a tenant must pay in the event of a claim?
- In the event of a claim a £100 excess will apply.
- What is the cooling off period for this cover?
- There's a 14 day cooling off period from the start of the policy. In the event of cancellation after the cooling off period, a full pro-rata refund will be given if no claim has been made.
- How long does a tenant have to notify the insurer of a potential claim before it isn't covered?
- Tenants have 30 days from when the accidental damage occurred to notify the insurer of a potential claim.
- Does this cover include replacement or repair of an entire pair, set, suite or part of a common design?
- The insurer will not pay for the cost of replacing or repairing any undamaged item(s) of the landlord's property of the home which forms part of a pair, set, suite or part of a common design.
You can find out more about our Tenancy Liability Insurance in the documents below:
Summary of Cover
Terms and Conditions
Quote and Buy Online
It's really fast and easy to get a quote and you can then buy the policy online just as easily.
Quote and Buy in 60 Seconds